(SaaS) Software PHP Developer
How would you like to work for a B2B SaaS solution company? We’re looking for a talented, experienced professional software developer to join our highly successful team in creating and maintaining new applications.
If you are a motivated individual who likes a fast-paced, challenging, fun atmosphere that allows you to be creative, write clean code, and expand your programming knowledge, then this is the job for you.
You will be working directly with both our Project Manager and Head Programmer and constantly be adding news features, user interfaces, and more.You will be involved in the full software development life cycle, from gathering business requirements and writing specifications, to coding, testing, and deploying the software to lab/staging environments. Candidates must have real world experience, a strong interest and desire to expand their talents, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will enjoy:
- Learning the latest programming languages
- Working with basic user interface design
- Developing, testing, deploying, and maintaining scalable web-based applications
- Working with existing code
- Writing and maintaining requirements and specifications documents
- Implementing major new features and feature improvements
- Tracking and eliminating bugs or defects
- Optimizing code and queries for better performance
- Assisting with integration and usability testing
- Daily contact and communication with the Head Software Programmer to report progress, identify issues, and define the next steps
- Working at the comfort of your home.
- Any other responsibilities may arise in the setting of a fast-moving business that produces many software applications and information products on a consistent basis.
To be successful in this role, location is not import as long as you meet the following criteria:
Items 1 –9 are all nonnegotiable:
1. Must speak and write perfect English
2. Must have a reliable computer with an internet connection fast enough to allow screen sharing via Skype
3. Must be available for Skype contact, meetings, and discussions between the hours of 9am and 5pm BST. You don’t have to be available for the entire period, but you should be able to give some time in that band daily (apart from weekends).
The following skills are ESSENTIAL:
Full knowledge of and experience working with:
5. PHP, MySQL, and DB access via PDO
6. HTML,CSS (to latest standards)
7. “Standard” coding/web technologies such as OAuth, Ajax, SOAP/REST, XML, etc.
8. Bootstrap 2 and 3
9. Responsive programming practices for mobile devices (certain things can be responsive)
The following skill is not essential for everyone, but is essential for at least one person:
- WP plugin and theme development
The following skills are HIGHLY DESIRABLE and will be a deciding factor between competing applicants:
- Other JS frameworks such as Angular.js
- Flash/Actionscript experience
- Linux/Apache configuration
- Facebook Graph API and app development
- Chrome Browser Extension App development
The following skills are DESIRABLE but are not required:
- Android/IOS development
- C# development
- Design skills (User Interface, Bootstrap)
- An understanding of MVC
- Knowledge of WHM
- A smattering of PERL
To love this role, you need to be:
- Constantly learning and dabbling in the latest programming languages or frameworks (ex: codeigniter, laravel, etc)
- Truthful and honest
- Valuing of integrity & able to follow our core values
- Proactive and be able to work well independently
- Passionate about your roll with our company
- Willing to put yourself out there
- Capable of hitting the ground running
You need to be able to provide as much demo work to prove the above.
We are hiring on a per project basis. The more projects you do well, the more projects you'll receive.